In this UX Design course, learn to translate user wants and needs into intuitive digital experiences that power revenue, loyalty, and product success. Build confidence and credibility to tackle complex design problems on the job. Learn the tools and techniques to design products that are equal parts useful, functional, and delightful. Focusing on both theoretical frameworks and practical applications, students in Skillspire’s User Experience Design course will develop a portfolio project of their choosing — receiving expert feedback along the way.
Ready to reinvent yourself and becomea UX Designer? Please fill out an application so that we can learn more about you and determine if this course is the best fit for you and your goals. As soon as we receive your application, we’ll be in contact. Get started.
In our UX Design course, learn to build confidence and credibility to tackle complex design problems on the job. Learn the tools and techniques to design products that are equal parts useful, functional, and delightful. Focusing on both theoretical frameworks and practical applications, students in Skillspire’s User Experience Design course will develop a portfolio project of their choosing — receiving expert feedback along the way.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Discover how to identify, ideate, articulate, and develop design solutions for UX challenges.
- Describe how UX designers work with product managers, developers, and visual designers.
- Explore the current UX design landscape through relevant, real-world examples.
- Develop and document personas, journey maps, user flows, and annotated wireframes.
- Utilize industry-standard tools to propose and refine design decisions
What To Expect
Engage in hands-on, project-based learning that’s designed to advance your career in UX design.
As a student, you’ll:
- Explore new concepts and tools through expert-led lectures and discussions.
- Dive deeper into topics and techniques via interactive exercises and case studies.
- Receive individualized feedback and support from your instructional team.
- Apply what you’ve learned to create a portfolio project: a new or redesigned digital product experience.
INTRODUCTION TO UX DESIGN
• Discuss the discipline of UX design and the design process.
EMPATHESIZE & DEFINE
• Learn why user research is important in the UX design process.
• Learn & review various user research methods.
• Learn to prepare interview scripts, practice conducting user interviews and synthesize findings
• Build personas & user journey maps
• Learn the importance of ideation & sketching
• Learn how to collaborate and involve project stakeholders early in the design process
• Learn how to write “How Might We” statements
• Sketch various forms of ideas
WIREFRAMES & PROTOTYPE
• Learn what wireframes are and how to build them using a tool
• Learn various fidelity of wireframing
• Build wireframes, user & task flows
• Explain the purpose of usability testing.
• Practice writing scripts, planning and conducting a usability test.
• Discuss how to analyze test findings and prepare a usability report.
• Practice presenting test findings to project team
• Learn visual design basics & benefits of Design Systems
• Learn how to collaborate with project team in a AGILE framework
• Learn when & how UX documents are shared with development team
• Learn about Design QA and how to conduct them
• Learn why UX measurement is key
• Learn how to measure
• Google analytics basics
• How and what to report to project teams
• Based on the above end to end process, learn what went well and what went wrong and how to present them to project team
• Learn importance of backlog creation
REAL WORLD EXPECTATIONS
• Set you up for success as a user researcher, UX designer & similar roles
• Interview prep
• Discuss and create portfolio based on project work
Arif M. Samad
|Start Date||End Date||Tuition||Enrollment Status||Campus|
|UPCOMING 2021 COURSES|