Careers at Skillspire
Cyber Security Instructor – OPEN
We’re looking for cybersecurity leaders who are passionate about learning and helping others. Our instructors get to teach, work on projects, as well as develop curriculum and new courses to:
- Teach Skillspire’s cybersecurity programs
- Facilitate group discussions, demos, in-class activities and feedback & coaching sessions
- Prepare students for success by providing coaching in all aspects of their journey towards becoming critical thinkers and problem solvers
- Provide actionable feedback on student’s soft and hard skills
- Follow industry trends related to cybersecurity
- Play a hands-on role in curriculum development, use what you learn from working with students to make our curriculum world class
- Day to day instruction of students, following a well-curated curriculum, supplemented with your own professional experiences
- Implement state law policies relating to career / vocational schools, such as enforcing student attendance, the grading of assignments, etc.
- Gather and report on student metrics
- Participate in occasional project and curriculum development, as well as curriculum refinement
Participate on and off campus activities, including but not limited to: orientation, open houses, student events, graduations, tech talks and workshops related to Cyber Security
Participate in professional training, certification, so you stay fresh!
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
You must have proficient Cyber Security and Information Technology experience. Please ensure you meet or exceed the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, CS, MIS or related IT degree from an accredited college or university
- Current certifications in CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), CPT (Certified Penetration Tester) or similar
- Understanding of standard professional certification processes
- Knowledge of information security concepts and best practices including encryption, application security, penetration testing and computer forensics
- Experience installing maintaining, and troubleshooting information technology systems including Windows, Cisco and Linux technologies
- Experience with Information & cyber security operation, governance, assurance and compliance
- Teaching and leading teams experience a big plus
A combo of cyber security, professional certifications and education in your background is preferred
WE’D LOVE TO WORK WITH YOU IF…
1. You are passionate about learning, helping others from diverse backgrounds, and making a positive impact in the world.
2. You are a highly motivated individual with leadership skills who can guide and lead our students.
3. Teaching, mentorship, and coaching experience is a big plus!
Please send your resume to [email protected]