The Cybersecurity Cohort is a 16-week course covering everything from the basics to advanced topics of security, including operating systems, network, and application security. Students will gain hands-on experience with each domain, and the course concludes with a capstone project and career preparation lectures on job search strategies, interview skills, and LinkedIn branding.
What you’ll learn
Through the Cybersecurity Cohort, you'll learn about operating system and network security, Cloud security, Python for Security, offensive security, and digital forensics. You'll gain hands-on experience in each domain through practical labs with industry partners. The course concludes with a capstone project and career preparation lectures on job search strategies, interview skills, and LinkedIn branding.
What does this course look like?
The Cybersecurity Cohort is a 16-week program that covers cybersecurity concepts, operating system and network security, Cloud security, Python for Security, offensive security, and digital forensics. You'll have practical lab time with industry partners, expert instructors, and a capstone project, as well as career preparation lectures. By the end of the course, you'll have gained a deep understanding of cybersecurity concepts and practical experience.
Who is it for?
- Anyone interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity
- Beginners and experienced professionals looking to upskill and expand their knowledge
- Recent graduates looking to jumpstart their career
- IT professionals seeking to change career paths
- Individuals with a passion for technology and a desire to help protect against cyber-attacks
- Professionals working in related fields, such as IT support, network administration, and software development
- Anyone who wants to gain practical experience and knowledge in cybersecurity and prepare themselves for a career in this rapidly growing field.
- Lecture: Basic commands and communication protocols
- Lecture: Fundamental structures of the operating system
- Exercise: Basic commands and communication protocols lab
- Quiz: Basic concepts of cybersecurity
- Lecture: Introduction to networking
- Lecture: OSI and TCP/IP model
- Exercise: Networking lab
- Quiz: Networking concepts
- Lecture: Introduction to Windows client and server
- Lecture: Powershell, permissions, and security
- Exercise: Windows security lab
- Quiz: Windows security concepts
View the full program syllabus, click for access!
Cohort Time Schedule
Which stack’s can I enroll in?
Not sure about
Here’s what our instructor has to say
Want to learn full stack web development but don’t know where to start? Consider signing up to learn full stack with Python.
Python is easy to learn and great for back-end coding. The popularity of Python as a programming language is on the upsurge, thanks to its readability and ability to do more with less coding. If you are looking for a course that offers Python web development for beginners, look no further. Our online course allows you to learn full stack web development with Python at your own pace from the comfort of your home.
No, a basic level of computer literacy and a motivation to learn is all you need for most of our courses.
The course is designed for diverse backgrounds; If programming or tech is a career track you really want to pursue, you can sign-up for our courses whether you are software engineer, product/program manager, analyst, researcher, consultant, student etc.
It can vary depending on your unique background. However, it usually takes 1-15 hours/week outside of the classroom for homework and study time.
Yes, you will be given a certificate of completion for this course after you pass your final exam.
Yes, please refer to our Veterans page for more details.
Still Have Questions? Let's talk!
Book a call below and we can answer your questions and gide you through your opportunities.