Intro to Data Analytics/Science
Intro to Data Analytics" is a 12-week, part-time course that teaches you the skills to become a junior data analyst. You'll learn how to use Excel, Power BI, SQL, and Python to analyze data, understand data quality, and create data visualizations. The course also focuses on professional development and job preparation, including resume building and interview techniques. By the end of the course, you'll have a solid understanding of the data analytics process and the ability to tackle real-world data problems.
What you’ll learn
"Intro to Data Analytics" teaches skills in data analysis using tools like Excel, Power BI, SQL, and Python, data visualization, and professional development. You'll learn SQL basics and Python programming for data analysis and visualization, and gain insights on building a strong resume and job interviews. By course end, you'll be equipped to handle real-world data problems and pursue a career in data analytics or add data skills to your current role.
What does this course look like?
The course includes 2-3 hour classroom sessions, hands-on practice with Excel, Power BI, SQL, and Python, quizzes and exercises to reinforce skills, and a final project where you apply all learned skills. The goal is to provide a comprehensive understanding of data analytics for real-world problem-solving, whether starting a career or adding skills to your current role.
Who is it for?
- "Intro to Data Analytics" course is suitable for beginners, professionals, career changers, and anyone interested in data.
- The course provides a comprehensive introduction to data analysis and the tools used by industry professionals.
- Professionals can add valuable data analysis skills to their current role and increase their marketability.
- Career changers can gain the foundation needed to succeed in the field.
- The course is designed for individuals of all skill levels and backgrounds.
- Committed learners who want to apply what they learn can achieve their goals.
- Overview of data analytics and its importance in the business world
- Introduction to Microsoft Excel and basic data analysis functions
- Hands-on practice with data analysis and visualization in Excel
- Quiz: Basic Excel functions and data analysis
- Exercise: Analyze a small data set and create a visualization in Excel
- Overview of data visualization and its importance in data analysis
- Introduction to different types of visualizations and when to use them
- Hands-on practice with creating different types of visualizations in Excel
- Quiz: Types of visualizations and when to use them
- Exercise: Create multiple visualizations for a given data set in Excel
- Understanding the importance of data quality in data analysis
- Techniques for cleaning and preparing data for analysis
- Hands-on practice with data cleaning and preparation in Excel
- Quiz: Data quality and cleaning techniques
- Exercise: Clean and prepare a data set for analysis in Excel
View the full program syllabus, click for access!
Cohort Time Schedule
Which stack’s can I enroll in?
Not sure about
Here’s what our instructor has to say
Want to learn full stack web development but don’t know where to start? Consider signing up to learn full stack with Python.
Python is easy to learn and great for back-end coding. The popularity of Python as a programming language is on the upsurge, thanks to its readability and ability to do more with less coding. If you are looking for a course that offers Python web development for beginners, look no further. Our online course allows you to learn full stack web development with Python at your own pace from the comfort of your home.
No, a basic level of computer literacy and a motivation to learn is all you need for most of our courses.
The course is designed for diverse backgrounds; If programming or tech is a career track you really want to pursue, you can sign-up for our courses whether you are software engineer, product/program manager, analyst, researcher, consultant, student etc.
It can vary depending on your unique background. However, it usually takes 1-15 hours/week outside of the classroom for homework and study time.
Yes, you will be given a certificate of completion for this course after you pass your final exam.
Yes, please refer to our Veterans page for more details.
Still Have Questions? Let's talk!
Book a call below and we can answer your questions and gide you through your opportunities.