Full Stack Web Development (MERN)
This 16-week course provides an in-depth, hands-on introduction to the MERN (MongoDB, Express.js, React.js, Node.js) stack, focusing on the development of both front-end and back-end components of web applications. Students will gain a strong understanding of the technologies and tools used in modern full-stack development while building their own projects and enhancing their portfolios.
What you’ll learn
In the MERN Full Stack Development course, you'll gain a comprehensive understanding of the MERN stack and essential technologies, as well as practical experience with React.js, Node.js, Express.js, MongoDB, and JWT authentication. The course also includes weekly projects and exercises, a final project focused on building a personal portfolio website, and career preparation resources.
What does this course look like?
- Three sessions per week (Mondays, Wednesdays, Saturdays)
- 2-hour sessions led by an experienced instructor
- In-depth explanations of concepts, tools, and technologies
- Focus on both theoretical knowledge and practical applications
- Multiple lab sessions per week (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays)
- 1-hour labs on Mondays and Wednesdays, 3-hour labs on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 4-hour labs on Saturdays
- Hands-on exercises, projects, and real-world examples
- Personalized feedback and support from a knowledgeable TA
- Reinforcement of learning and development of problem-solving skills
- Practical experience in developing full-stack MERN applications
Who is it for?
The MERN Full Stack Development course is designed for a diverse group of learners, including beginners, front-end developers, career changers, self-taught developers, and professionals seeking career advancement. The course offers a step-by-step approach, expert guidance, and hands-on lab sessions to solidify understanding and fill knowledge gaps, providing valuable knowledge of back-end technologies like Node.js, Express.js, and MongoDB, and enhancing employability in the tech job market.
How much does this course cost?
- What is the Web?
- How Does It Work?
- How Data Finds its Way?
The Front End
- The Server-side and The Client-side
The Back End
- What is the Back End?
- Microservice Architecture
- Back-end programming
Web Development Frameworks
- What are the Frameworks?
- Front-end Frameworks
- Back-end Frameworks
- Isomorphic Frameworks
- Software Stacks
What is MERN Stack
- React JS
Semantic Web Page Layout with HTML
- What is HTML?
- Attributes + Hyperlinking
- Headings + Lists
- Inline vs. Block Elements + Divs
- id + class Attributes
- The img Element
- Delving into Semantics
- HTML Tables
- HTML Forms
Stylizing HTML Content using CSS
- What is CSS?
- Introduction to the Cascade
- Basic CSS Selectors
- Selector Combinations
- The Box Model
- Font Styling + Webfonts
- Text Alignment + Sizing
Additional Materials - Layout
- Container Elements
- Grid vs Flexbox
- Undefined / Null
- Program Flow: Functions
- Program Flow: Conditional Statements
- Program Flow: Loops
- Data Structures: Arrays
- Data Structures: Objects
- Functions Are Just Variables
- More on Objects and The "this" Keyword
- Building Interactivity with DOM Manipulation
- Introduction to ES2015+
- JSX – an Introduction
- Rendering of Elements and Components in React
- State and Lifecycle Methods
- Event Handling
- Lists, Fragments, and Conditional Rendering
- CSS and Styling
- Higher Order Components
- Functions as a Child and Render Props
View the full program syllabus, click for access!
Cohort Time Schedule
Not sure about
Here’s what our instructor has to say
Want to learn full stack web development but don’t know where to start? Consider signing up to learn full stack with Python.
Python is easy to learn and great for back-end coding. The popularity of Python as a programming language is on the upsurge, thanks to its readability and ability to do more with less coding. If you are looking for a course that offers Python web development for beginners, look no further. Our online course allows you to learn full stack web development with Python at your own pace from the comfort of your home.
No, a basic level of computer literacy and a motivation to learn is all you need for most of our courses.
The course is designed for diverse backgrounds; If programming or tech is a career track you really want to pursue, you can sign-up for our courses whether you are software engineer, product/program manager, analyst, researcher, consultant, student etc.
It can vary depending on your unique background. However, it usually takes 1-15 hours/week outside of the classroom for homework and study time.
Yes, you will be given a certificate of completion for this course after you pass your final exam.
Yes, please refer to our Veterans page for more details.
Still Have Questions? Let's talk!
Book a call below and we can answer your questions and gide you through your opportunities.